Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away and I, for one, am having a hard time believing it’s already May. My internal clock seems to have slowed down and thinks it’s still March, although that could have to do with the fact that I am presently in cold and rainy Paris.
Anyway, it is May 1st, and Mother’s Day is fast approaching. My mother is always very supportive of all that I do. So, finding a fabulous Mother’s Day gift for her is important to me. Finding the perfect gift for your mom is probably important to you as well. Don’t fret! Madly Chic is here to help.
Here are some great ideas that have universal appeal. I have also thrown in a couple things I’d love to get, in case anyone is looking for a gift for a mom like me. Hint, hint…
- This classic bag from www.bodenusa.com is embossed leather with a webbing strap and printed, cotton twill lining. It has antiqued brass metal trim and is available for $138.00.
- The tote below, also from www.bodenusa.com, is available in an array of colors including silver metallic (pictured), pewter metallic, denim stripe, bright green and purple. It is 100% cotton twill and has leather handles with silver finish metal trim. The price is $88.00.
- The silver metallic foldover clutch below is by Los Angeles designer Clare Vivier, who is known for her chic, sporty designs and eco friendly materials. It’s made of leather and manufactured in California. It is 11.5″ x 11.5″ and $150.00 at http://roztayger.com.
- I am of the opinion that a woman can never have too many scarves. I probably wear one 250 days a year! Analogous colors (ones that are next to each other on the color wheel, such as pink, orange and red or blue and green) are my favorite, and this very chic scarf by Juicy Couture fits the bill (and is on my wish list). It’s a blend of lightweight cotton and linen, and the color is called pink plumeria. You can find it on www.piperlime.com for $68.00.
- When I want to match a specific outfit, I look on www.charmingcharlie.com for accessories because I can search by color and style. I know my mom loves big bulky bracelets (as I do!!), and she loves the color turquoise. I did a search on Charming Charlie and found a really fun stretch bracelet for her. The other reason I like this website is because their accessories are very, very reasonably priced. This bracelet is $9.97!!
- Color mom happy this Mother’s Day with a color palette from Nordstrom. The case holds over 80 shades for the face, including eight for cheeks, 20 for lips and 40 for eyes. With bold plum eye shadows, deep red lip glosses and pops of pink for cheeks (plus every color in between), mom will never have to reach for another makeup kit again. The options are endless, and the results are beautiful. Available at Nordstrom and on www.nordstrom.com for $35.00.
- Brush up on your gift giving this Mother’s Day with the brush set below from Nordstrom. The 7-piece set includes versatile brushes for face, cheeks and eyes. Housed in a sleek black case, it’s perfect for the mom with a busy lifestyle in need of convenient tools for on-the-go touch-ups. Available at www.nordstrom.com for $35.00.
- The wine samplers at www.tastingroom.com are a great gift for mom so she can enjoy a premium wine tasting at home. Each sampler contains six taste-sized (1.7 oz.) samples of some of the world’s best wines. Mom will have fun tasting and comparing great wines side by side. The samplers range from white wine essentials to a pinot noir taste-off and everything in between and are priced from $19.99 to $34.99.
- This Mother’s Day, celebrate the inspirational woman in your life by giving a gift that also makes a difference in the lives of children in need. Godiva has paired up with Feed, a charity that helps feed the children of Africa (founded by Lauren Bush, niece and granddaughter of the two former presidents), to offer a tote bag filled with Godiva chocolate made in Africa’s first fair trade-certified, women-run factory. Each bag will help the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) provide 10 school meals to children in Africa. The bags come in a variety of colors and patterns, so you can choose a unique bag for mom. The “FEED 10” tote costs $25 and can be purchased at Godiva stores and at www.godiva.com.
- If unique home accessories are her thing, mom won’t be at a loss for ways to use the Mackenzie-Childs Dearie Bud Vase. Packaged in a MackKenzie-Childs gift box, this eco friendly, recycled green glass vase is hand-painted with broad lemon and sky stripes, platinum polka dots, rosettes and embellished with gold luster. Its available for $75.00 at www.mackenzie-childs.com.